Saturday, October 22, 2011

Peaches & Cream Tart

Peaches taste like summer to me. I think it's because the best, sweetest, peaches are fleeting. They appear at farm stands and markets, fragrant, juicy and so different in taste and texture than the peaches that get shipped to your grocery store in January. I think that this tart really highlights the peach flavor. you start by prebaking the tart shell. Personally i didn't love the crust recipe posted with the Peaches & Cream Tart recipe and if i made it again i would use this recipe that we used for the Fresh Fruit Tart

Crust:
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened and sliced
  • I mixed all of this in my food processor and pressed it into a 9" tart pan. the recipe calls for a 12" pan so I had left over crumbs. Bake in a 350 degree oven until lightly browned. This was about 10 minutes and I did this step the night before. 
  • This recipe has a great texture, it's almost like shortbread. 


Next we peeled and sliced up fresh peaches. Set these aside until the crust has cooled and you have finished the filling.  


The filling was a mixture of lemon zest, cream cheese, mascapone cheese that you ship until it's light and fluffy. Then you whip whipping cream  and fold it in. I loved the flavor of the marscapone and the whipped cream folded in gave it a nice lightness. 
You arrange the sliced peaches on the filling and glaze with some melted peach preserves. I think this glaze could benefit from a tbsp or so of lemon juice just to thin it out and brighten the flavor. 

Overall this pie was lovely, light and fresh and I would make it again for sure. 

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us some love!