Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fruit Tart

Hey everybody! This is Amy coming at you with this week's pie. 
This fruit tart was a huge hit! Easy, fresh, and beautiful to boot. 
The recipe is here: Fresh Fruit Tart
Crust:
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened and sliced
  • I mixed all of this in my food processor and pressed it into a 9" tart pan. the recipe calls for a 12" pan so I had left over crumbs. Bake in a 350 degree oven until lightly browned. This was about 10 minutes and I did this step the night before. 


Fresh fruit:
pick out some beautiful fresh fruit. We used strawberries, blueberries, kiwi and mango. Wash and slice any large fruit. Take your time and make the slices pretty.

 Glaze:
  • 1/2 (6-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
  • 2 tsp cornstarch
  •  2 tsp fresh lime juice
  • 1/8 cup granulated sugar
I cut this in half and my quantities are noted above. 
Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer until thickened slightly. Cool and set aside to glaze tart. 

Filling:
Mix. I didn't even bust out my mixer for this. Seriously this recipe has a lot of steps but it was WAY EASY.

Spread the cream cheese filling into the cooled tart shell.
Arrange the fruit artistically.
Brush with glaze.
Chill for 30 minutes to an hour. Cut and serve.


Verdict:
This was crazy pretty and really yummy. I would say you can make it earlier in the day and serve it for dinner but I think there was a lovely crisp element to the shortbread crust that i think would be lost if you kept the completely made tart in the fridge longer than a few hours. 
Oh, we skipped the whipped cream on top entirely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us some love!