Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pecan Pie

I don't eat pumpkin pie, so at Thanksgiving I eat pecan pie. However, until this weekend I had never made it myself. I never tried making it before because I heard it was difficult... not so. It was actually quite easy. Just make sure to keep an eye on it to keep it from burning.


First gather all your ingredients....

Yes there's LEMON ZEST in this pie. Which is a little different from your normal pecan pie.
Personally I liked the little bite of the lemon. Here's the RECIPE we used.

Mix the wet ingredients and chop up half the pecans.

Add the chopped pecans to the wet ingredients and then pour into the pie shell.


Then top the pie with half pecans in pretty concentric circles.



The recipe we used called for 30 minutes without foil and then 30 minutes with foil. We ended up caking it for 20 minutes without foil before it started looking really brown, then only cooked it 20 more minutes with the foil. The recipe says to cool it for 4 hours, we didn't do that. We let it cool on the counter for half an hour and then in the fridge for 45 minutes. It cut just fine without oozing all over. Pie is one of those things you just don't want to have to WAIT for! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us some love!