Thursday, February 24, 2011

Peach Pie

Hey all-- this is Lou with this weeks pie. And it's of the peach variety. We have a couple peach trees in my yard and we frequently have more fruit than we know what to do with. So mid-summer you will find us blanching, dicing, sugaring and freezing mass amounts of fruit. And this late in the winter a lovely summery peach pie tastes really nice.





I used my mom's homemade pie dough recipe, but I haven't perfected it yet
so I am withholding the recipe. Muah ahahah.
I defrosted and heated up the peaches, since they were already sweetened I just added a lot of cinnamon, some nutmeg, and a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice.


We thought about doing a lattice crust but decided not to bother with it. :) We just cut some slits in the top crust and crimped the edges. Baked at 350 for about 45 minutes or so, until the crust was golden brown.


This was a delicious summer treat during a dreary winter day. But I think next time I will do a sugared crust instead of an egg-washed and maybe some bright spice in the filling. Possibly cardamom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us some love!