Friday, December 17, 2010

Sylvia's Perfect Pie Crust from PW

Hey all! This is Amy posting and one of the things i've been trying to do as we explore the world of pie is find a great, easy, reliable pie crust recipe. This recipe is from the wonderful Ree over at Pioneer Woman and you can find it here. 
Pro's:

I get to use my fab pastry cutter that my awesome Aunt M.J. bought me. It's a dream. I may have to to do a whole separate post about it. 

It makes THREE pie crusts that store in the freezer until you need them. BONUS! 

The mixing together, making the crust part is super easy...very easy!

Super flaky and buttery.


Cons:

Not the easiest to roll out. It tends to be a little sticky but if you can work it out it's great, also if you have to patch it's still flaky.

Shrinks a little as it bakes. 


Overall I like this recipe a lot but i'm still searching to see if I can find an easier to roll out version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us some love!