Thursday, November 25, 2010

Caramel Pear Pie

I altered a Pampered Chef recipe for Caramel Apple Tartlets to make this pie. I loved the flavor of the tartlets, but I'm more of a whole pie girl & I don't like apples much (I know, being a teacher that's rather sacrilege)... So I did my own thing.

The ingredients

Filling:
2-3 pears
Chopped Nuts
Caramel Candy (We made caramel apples and used the left over caramel, but you can just use caramel candy from the store)
Caramel Butterscotch Sauce (for ice cream) 1/2 jar
Cinnamon
Cardamom
Tsp. Flour


Crumb Topping:
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1 cup Flour
1 stick Butter
Cinnamon
Cardamom
Pecans
First I minced my pears. I don't like the texture of cooked apples/pears so I cut them small as to avoid that and keep the flavor. Then i mixed the pears in a bowl the the chopped nuts, & caramel butterscotch sauce. I added a teaspoon of flour to help bind it together. I also added some cinnamon and cardamom to taste.

I put the caramel candy in the bottom of the pie shell and topped it with the pear caramel sauce mixture.

I made a crumb topping by using a pastry blender to combine the butter, brown sugar, flour & spices. I sprinkled it over the pie and put it in the over at 350 for about 20 minutes until it started to get brown & crispy.


After removing the pie from the oven I added some some caramel sauce to the top! So sweet and rich and sticky, but everyone loved it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us some love!